Reopening the Language Assessment and Referral Centre
Update: January 13, 2021
The Province of Ontario has been in a temporary lockdown period since December, and as of January 14, 2021, a provincial emergency with stay-at-home orders is in place. We support the need to take this necessary step to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
As a result of this announcement, our offices must remain closed for in-person visits. However, we are thrilled to be able to continue serving you online!
Please contact us via email or phone to set up an appointment. We will look forward to welcoming you in person again, as soon as we are able!
Please contact us directly to book your appointment:
240 Catherine Street, suite 308
613-238-5462, 613-404-1559 or 343-999-5064
1642 Merivale Road, 2nd Floor (Merivale Mall)
613-688-2150, 613-404-1559 or 343-961-5259
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up an appointment with LARC?
Please contact us directly to set up an appointment at either of our locations. We can be reached at 613-238-5462 or 613-404-1599, or via email at email@example.com
What are your hours of operation?
We are open for appointments:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 8:30AM to 5PM
Tuesday - 8:30AM to 7PM
Friday - 8:30AM to 4PM
Monday to Thursday - 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Friday - 8:30AM to 4PM
Do you have health and safety measures in place?
- In-person appointments will be conducted in an open space with 2 meters distance between the staff and client.
- All staff and clients who enter the premises will be asked to use the hand sanitization station located at the entrance.
- All touchable surfaces are being disinfected regularly.
- Documents that clients need to print will be emailed to the reception desk and printed on behalf of the client. This helps minimize the number of people touching the printer and surrounding surfaces.
- Clients will be required to sanitize their computer station after they finish using it.
- Limited amount of staff and clients in the centre at all times to allow for proper social distancing.
- COVID-19 pre-screening assessments are completed for both staff and clients before they enter the premises.
Do I have to wear a mask in the LARC office?
Yes, as directed by Ottawa Public Health, masks must be worn at all times by clients while they are in the Centre. Please bring your own mask.