Reopening Employment Services
Update: January 13, 2021
The Province of Ontario has been in a temporary lockdown period since December, and as of January 14, 2021, a provincial emergency with stay-at-home orders is in place. We support the need to take this necessary step to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
As a result of this announcement, our offices must remain closed for in-person visits. However, we are thrilled to be able to continue serving you online!
Please contact us via email or phone to schedule your appointment, and see our workshop calendar to participate in our online webinars/workshops.
We will look forward to welcoming you in person again, as soon as we are able!
Please contact us directly to book your appointment:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment?
We prefer that clients set up an appointment to visit us in person. However, if space allows, we will welcome walk-in traffic as well. If you are receiving assisted services, please contact to your employment consultant to schedule an appointment. If you are a new client, please contact the location that is closest to you.
What are your hours of operation?
Monday to Thursday: 8:30AM to 4:30PM, and Friday: 8:30AM to 4PM
Are computers available for use?
Yes. Computers are accessible. Clients will be asked to sanitize their computer station before and after they use it.
Do you have health and safety measures in place?
There are a variety of measures that are being put in place to keep both clients and staff safe:
- In-person appointments will be conducted in an open space with 2 meters distance between the staff and client.
- All staff and clients who enter the premises will be asked to use the hand sanitization station located at the entrance.
- All touchable surfaces are being disinfected regularly.
- Documents that clients need to print will be emailed to the reception desk and printed on behalf of the client. This helps minimize the number of people touching the printer and surrounding surfaces.
- Clients will be required to sanitize their computer station after they finish using it.
- Limited amount of staff and clients in the centre at all times to allow for proper social distancing.
- COVID-19 pre-screening assessments are completed for both staff and clients before they enter the premises.
Do I have to wear a mask in the EAC offices?
Yes, as directed by Ottawa Public Health, masks must be worn at all times by clients while they are in the centre. Please bring your own mask.
Are workshops taking place?
Yes. Our workshops are being offered online. You can view our webinar schedule on our website.
I am not feeling well/not comfortable accessing service in person at this time. Can I still receive job search assistance virtually?
Yes, we will be continuing our virtual appointments and workshops for the foreseeable future.
Can I bring family members or friends with me to my appointment?
At this time, only clients who have a scheduled appointment are able to come into the centre. This means you can’t bring other people with you into the centre.