Reopening Your Y
Update: January 13, 2021
The Province of Ontario has been in a temporary lockdown period since December, and as of January 14, 2021, a provincial emergency with stay-at-home orders is in place. We support the need to take this necessary step to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Some services will be affected by this temporary lockdown. Please learn more by clicking on the buttons below.
We continue to work towards being fully opened once again, and have been making sure we are ready to welcome you back safely. There is nothing more important than the safety and health of our staff, volunteers, members, and participants, so please know that we are following all regulations and guidelines from our government and public health officials to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
To date, our Child Care, Camp, Employment & Immigrant services have already reopened, as well as the Taggart Family Y fitness centre.
We are slowly opening our programs and facilities in phases, while adhering to strict guidelines set out by local health authorities. We make all reopening decisions based on the following principles:
- The safety of staff, volunteers, and participants is paramount.
- We must adhere to or exceed local and provincial guidelines.
- We will open facilities carefully and at an appropriate pace.
- The financial viability of the Association will be assessed prior to reopening any site.
- Ensure clear, concise communications are consistently used and always align with our values and principles.
Learn more details about our reopening strategy and available programs and services: