Reopening the Newcomer Information Centre
On March 9, 2022, the Ontario Government announced changes to COVID-19 health and workplace safety measures. As of Monday, March 21, 2022, two important changes will be in place:
- Masks will no longer be required when accessing Newcomer services.
- Completing the mandatory heath screening will no longer be required before visiting the Newcomer Information Centre.
Please contact us directly to book your appointment:
Newcomer Information Centre
150 Isabella Street, Suite 201
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours of operation?
We are currently operating Monday to Thursday, from 8:30AM - 4:30PM and Friday from 8:30AM - 4PM.
Are workshops taking place?
Yes. Our workshops are being offered online. You can view the schedule on our website.
Do you have health and safety measures in place?
There are a variety of measures in place to keep both clients and staff safe:
- In-person appointments will be conducted in an open space with distance between staff and client.
- All staff and clients who enter the premises must use hand sanitizer provided.
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
Do I have to wear a mask in the NIC office?
As of March 21, 2022, masks are not required.