Health, Fitness & Aquatics
On March 9, 2022, the Ontario Government announced changes to COVID-19 health and workplace safety measures. As of Monday, March 21, 2022, two important changes will be in place:
- Masks will no longer be required to access the Y’s health and fitness centres or programs. (Masks are required in the Taggart Family Y parking lot, and in common areas like elevators or the staircase, until you enter the fitness centre lobby.
- Completing the mandatory heath screening will no longer be required to access the Y’s health and fitness centres or programs.
Our Health, Fitness, and Aquatic centres are open!
The Y is committed to putting the health and safety of our community first and works under the Government of Ontario and Ottawa Public Health/Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s most recent guidelines.
Help us all stay healthy and safe
Those who would like to continue wearing a mask after March 21, 2022, should feel comfortable doing so. As a reminder, all members and visitors are required to:
- Practice regular hand hygiene/hand sanitization.
- Clean/sanitize any fitness equipment before and after each use.
- Bring your own water container, towel, and yoga mat if required.
- Be respectful of fellow members’/guests’ personal space in all areas of the facility.
If you would like more information, please reach out to our member service team: email@example.com