Reopening Health, Fitness & Aquatics
On March 9, 2022, the Ontario Government announced changes to COVID-19 health and workplace safety measures. As of Monday, March 21, 2022, two important changes will be in place:
- Masks will no longer be required to access the Y’s health and fitness centres or programs. (Masks are required in the Taggart Family Y parking lot, and in common areas like elevators or the staircase, until you enter the fitness centre lobby.
- Completing the mandatory heath screening will no longer be required to access the Y’s health and fitness centres or programs.
Our Health, Fitness, and Aquatic centres are open!
The Y is committed to putting the health and safety of our community first and works under the Government of Ontario and Ottawa Public Health/Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s most recent guidelines.
Help us all stay healthy and safe
Those who would like to continue wearing a mask after March 21, 2022, should feel comfortable doing so. As a reminder, all members and visitors are required to:
- Practice regular hand hygiene/hand sanitization.
- Clean/sanitize any fitness equipment before and after each use.
- Bring your own water container, towel, and yoga mat if required.
- Be respectful of fellow members’/guests’ personal space in all areas of the facility.
If you would like more information, please reach out to our member service team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Booking your Cyclefit Classes and Aquatic Sessions
You must pre-book your Aquatic sessions and Cyclefit classes. No other areas currently require pre-booking.
- If you don't already have one, first set up your online Y account
- Once you are set up, log into your Y account. You will see a "make a booking" section at the top of the page. Follow the instructions, or view step by step instructions on using the booking tool (PDF).
All group fitness classes are now included in your Y membership but you must register for group fitness classes.