Membership Sales and Service Associate (3 positions), Member Sales and Service (Clarence-Rockland)
Location: Clarence-Rockland Y, 1525 Du Parc Ave Suite 1, Rockland, ON
Type: Part-Time, preferred start date October 25, 2021
Preferred start date: Monday, Oct 25, 2021
Closing date: Monday, Oct 18, 2021
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide lasting solutions. Serving thousands of people across our region annually, we are a leader and valued partner in creating a vibrant and healthy community where everyone belongs and can reach their full potential. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, and inclusion, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
Working for the Y
Are you looking to use your skills and unique gifts to make a real difference in your community? The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is a great workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. The YMCA-YWCA provides hundreds of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities. Whether you are starting out in your career or a seasoned professional, you will find many exciting opportunities to achieve your personal and career goals. Some of the benefits of working for the Y include:
What we offer
At the Y, you will be part of a vibrant and diverse network of people whose shared vision is to change lives and make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, adults, and families.
Our competitive wage and benefit package include:
- Free Y membership.
- Discounted Y program fees (including health & fitness programs, child care, and camps)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Maternity leave to all our staff up to 6 more months after the year of leave.
What you offer?
The Membership Sales and Service Associate is the first point of contact in our membership centers so courteous service and competent, efficient handling of all membership-related transactions is critical. The person must be energetic, outgoing, and have a strong customer service focus. The successful candidate will demonstrate a personal commitment to and understanding of the Y’s mission, vision, values.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- To demonstrate Y values in all interactions by delivering service responsibly, honestly, respectfully, and with care.
- To ask and respond to members/participants about their Y experience in a supportive manner
- To build positive relationships with members
- To sell Y memberships and promote Y programs and services
- To participate in the various components of the Y member retention system
- To be able to handle peak times and multi-task accordingly
- To accurately and correctly complete membership, financial, and program registration transactions.
- Champion a clean culture in the operational area and monitor membership areas for cleanliness
What qualifications and abilities are we looking for?
At YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a related field
- Fluent in French and English, oral and written essential
Experience, Abilities & Skills
- Committed to service excellence and Y values – honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility
- Minimum 1-year related experience in the customer service industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and focus
- Experience working effectively with a diverse clientele
- Previous Class computer system experience an asset
- Applicants must already have a valid permit to work in Canada.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is required
- Annually all staff must complete the mandatory training for the Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Persons, and submit the certificate of completion.
- Commitment to Vision and Values – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA.
- Leadership – Motivates and inspires others to take action and achieve desired outcomes.
- Service Orientation – Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance every person’s Y experience.
- Teamwork – The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Quality Focus – Ensures that success criteria for self and programs are set, reviewed, and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
About diversity and inclusiveness at the Y:
Inclusiveness is a part of our core values and we are committed to ensuring the diversity of the people and communities we serve and as well as our staff. We welcome candidates from racialized groups, invisible minorities, Indigenous People, women, persons with disabilities, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
How to apply?
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position. Internal applicants can apply only after completing the probationary period of their current job unless approved by People and Culture.
Applications must be submitted to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, and all cover letters should be addressed to Tracey Ware. Please send applications to General Manager, Health, Fitness & Aquatics, Tracey Ware (email@example.com)
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during this process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind.