Information and Referral Specialist
Location: YMCA-YWCA Employment Access Centre – Isabella
Type: Full time, Contract (until March 31, 2021)
Preferred Start Date: Friday, Oct 30, 2020
Closing Date: Friday, Oct 23, 2020
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide meaningful solutions. Serving more than 90,000 children, youth and adults across our region annually, we are committed to promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, and inclusion, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
Nature and Scpoe
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region's Employment and Newcomer services are dedicated to providing relevant, accurate, current and expedient information and referral services to Newcomers and Immigrants. The centre offers assisted resource searches, provides resource computers and makes referral to existing Employment, Trades and Newcomer Programs in the Ottawa area.
The Information and Referral specialist will assist with the day-to-day operations of the resource centre, providing clients with information about the services, as well as informing clients of other available services and redirecting them to those programs and organizations. The Information and Referral Specialist is responsible for reception, greeting and first point assistance for clients accessing services provided at the centre. The person must be detail oriented, able to work within a team environment, have a high degree of initiative and adaptability, be able to multitask and have a strong customer service focus. The successful candidate will demonstrate personal commitment to and understanding of the Y’s mission, vision, values and participant outcomes.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Conduct needs assessments and provide referrals to appropriate services and resources as identified in needs analysis including Power of Trades, Pre-Apprenticeship, Home Renovation training and horticulture training programs
- Assist clients in accessing information and services that best meet their needs
- Provide timely relevant information to enable Newcomers to access the desired services and programs
- Respond to each client in a professional and culturally appropriate manner
- Collect, track and report statistical data reflecting services provided
- Deliver quality-based, client directed, neutral referral services
- Deliver orientation sessions and workshops as required
- Contribute to the development and maintenance a substantial library of centre resources
- Participates in staff meetings
- Provide rotational coverage at the main reception desk, including appointment scheduling for Settlement Workers, employment consultants and referrals to trades programs
- Other duties as required
- Organizational Awareness and Understanding: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region.
- Planning and Organization: Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and issue, gather and process relevant information, determine possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement and evaluate them.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for program quality and effectiveness.
- Fluent in English; French and other languages considered an asset
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related educational field
- Knowledge of immigrant settlement services, employment services, trades and other programs offered for Newcomers to Canada
- Proven sensitivity in working with diverse clientele, specifically the needs of immigrants from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Previous work experience in a multicultural environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office suite, online research, data entry, social media
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to assess the information needs of clients served
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Superior problem solving skills and demonstrated good judgement
- Demonstrated ability to work in an efficient manner both independently and as part of a team
- Must provide a Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not older than 6 months, as per Association policy
- Annually all staff must complete the mandatory training for the Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Persons, and submit the certificate of completion
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, Attn: Kathleen Holloway Jun, hiring manager: email@example.com
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.