Facilities Coordinator, Camp (Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Centre)
Location: Camp Otonabee - 1620 Sixth Line Rd. RR#1, Dunrobin, On
Type: Full-Time, preferred start date as soon as possible and posting will be closed until position filled
Preferred start date: Monday, Oct 04, 2021
Closing date: Tuesday, Nov 30, 2021
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide lasting solutions. Serving thousands of people across our region annually, we are a leader and valued partner in creating a vibrant and healthy community where everyone belongs and can reach their full potential. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, and inclusion, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
Working for the Y
Are you looking to use your skills and unique gifts to make a real difference in your community? The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is a great workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. The YMCA-YWCA provides hundreds of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities. Whether you are starting out in your career or a seasoned professional, you will find many exciting opportunities to achieve your personal and career goals. Some of the benefits of working for the Y include:
What we offer
At the Y, you will be part of a vibrant and diverse network of people whose shared vision is to change lives and make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, adults, and families.
Our competitive wage and benefit package includes:
- Free Y membership.
- Discounted Y program fees (including health & fitness programs, child care, and camps)
- Health and dental insurance for full-time, permanent employees
- Development courses at no cost in several areas
- 100% coverage for renewal of professional designations
- Up to 27 vacation days per year, including two float days and one birthday vacation for full-time, permanent staff
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term disability and life insurance for full-time, permanent employees.
- Workplace pension plan available for full-time, permanent employees
- Extended Maternity leave to all our staff up to 6 more months after the year of leave.
What you offer?
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the safe operation of this facility. This role provides proactive planning and accountability in all aspects of maintenance and cleaning at our outdoor camp location.
The Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for the facility equipment, budgeting, supervision of maintenance staff, and will be responsible for all major work done on-site. The Facilities Coordinator will maintain effective communication with all staff, management, and suppliers involved in facilities operations. Internally, the Coordinator will enforce sound risk management, ensure staff and contractors understand their job responsibilities, enforce accountability, will follow up on various requests, negotiate with vendors, contractors, and customers, and will manage any personnel necessary to carry out assigned projects. The Facilities Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring that service contracts are maintained, oversee all contract work, and ensure the physical safety, maintenance, and repair of any external areas.
The Facilities Coordinator will play a leadership role to their team, programs, and services, and will work with other team leads throughout the facility to implement Standards of Service Excellence to ensure a high quality of service delivery to our clients, campers, and staff. In addition, they will be responsible for administration and executing a planned preventative maintenance schedule.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and cleaning, as well as long-term operations of the Physical Plant Services at Bonnenfant YMCA-YWCA Outdoor Center.
- Supervises seasonal Cleaning and Maintenance staff.
- Monitors contract services to ensure quality standards are met and contract compliance.
- Responsible for all Y tools and equipment related to Facilities. Verify that equipment, materials, and projects also conform to applicable standards, procedures, and by-laws.
- Establishes and implements work programs for startups/shutdowns and preventative maintenance of specific areas.
- Develops, maintains, and controls cleaning, maintenance, and refurbishment budgets and expenses.
- Understands how to strategically prioritize and group work orders to be efficient and effective.
- Provide after-hour on-call services for premises and equipment emergencies as necessary.
What qualifications and abilities are we looking for?
At YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a related field
- Fluent in English, oral and written
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful work experience in Commercial Facility Maintenance
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in skilled trades and/or building maintenance, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Electrical/Plumbing, , Mechanical HVAC
- Knowledge and experience of driving tractors, using chainsaws and other equipment appropriate to our outdoor camping location.
- WHMIS Workplace Safety Core Training
- Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Small Drinking Water Systems operating license.
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is a mandatory requirement.
- Applicants must already have a valid permit to work in Canada.
- Valid Driver’s License and ongoing access to a car
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is required
- Annually all staff must complete the mandatory training for the Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Persons, and submit the certificate of completion.
- LEADERSHIP: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Identifies issues, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses, and implementing them.
- RESULTS ORIENTED: The ability to manage and lead to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- FORWARD THINKING: Thinks beyond the current situation to anticipate changes that may affect the future of the organization.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND COLLABORATION: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work-related goals.
About diversity and inclusiveness at the Y:
Inclusiveness is a part of our core values and we are committed to ensuring the diversity of the people and communities we serve and as well as our staff. We welcome candidates from racialized groups, invisible minorities, Indigenous People, women, persons with disabilities, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
How to apply?
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position. Internal applicants can apply only after completing the probationary period of their current job unless approved by People and Culture.
Applications must be submitted to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, and all cover letters should be addressed to Peter Townsend. Please send applications to Facility Manager, Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Centre, Peter Townsend (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during this process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind.