Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Make a positive impact in your community!
When you join our team, you don’t just get a job – you’ll embark on an exciting path of career development. At the Y, you will be part of a vibrant and diverse network of people whose shared vision is to change lives and make our communities home to the healthiest children, teens, adults and families.
The Y offers competitive wage and benefit packages including:
- Free Y membership.
- Discounted Y program fees (including health & fitness programs, child care and camps).
- Extended Maternity leave benefits to all our staff up to 6 more months after the year of leave.
- Development courses at no cost in several areas, as well as 100% coverage for renewal of professional designations.
- Up to 27 vacation days per year, including two float days and one birthday vacation for full-time, permanent staff.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Health and dental insurance for full-time, permanent employees.
- Short-term disability for all staff; long-term disability and life insurance for full-time, permanent employees.
- Workplace pension plan available for full-time, permanent employees
No matter what role you seek, you can make a valuable contribution and help transform the lives of others. Simply put, a career at the Y is a career with a purpose. If you’re the kind of person that puts people first, leads by example and shares our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and inclusiveness, we’d like to meet you.
If you need help finding work, the Y also offers employment services at no cost.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is honoured to be recognized by Canada's Top 100 Employers and included in their 2021 Career Directory as one of Canada's best employers for recent college and university graduates. Learn more.