Facility Access Guidelines
Welcome to the Y!
All members, guests and visitors must check in before entering our facilities. To ensure the safety of all, non-members are required to present photo ID prior to entry to the Y.
Child facility access (ages 0Y-9Y)
- Children 0Y-9Y may use Y programs and facilities when accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 16Y.
- To ensure your child's safety, a parent/guardian must remain in the building while the child participates in a program. When the child is not in a program, they must be directly supervised by their parent/guardian at all times.
Child facility access (ages 10Y-12Y)
- Children aged 10Y-12Y may access the facility without a parent, but must complete the free Y Kids Academy program in order to use the conditioning floor unattended. You can learn more about the Y Kids Academy Program on our Child & Youth Programs page.
- Children 10Y-12Y can participate in pre-teen programs by signing themselves in and out of programs as long as parents/guardians have completed the required paperwork granting permission.
- For their own safety and proper development, children 12Y and younger cannot participate in adult programs, regardless of parent/guardian presence.
Child pool access (ages 0Y-11Y)
Children 0Y-6Y must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains within arms’ reach and in the water at all times. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:2.
Ages 7Y-11Y - Deep end access
For increased safety in our aquatic facilities, all swimmers between the ages of 7Y-11Y, must complete a brief swim test prior to entering the deep end.
The swim test includes swimming 1 length of the pool uninterrupted and treading water for 30 seconds.
Children 7Y-11Y who do not successfully complete the swim test may swim in the small pool or shallow end of the main pool with a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains in the water and within arms’ reach at all times. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:4.
Children 7Y-11Y who successfully complete the swim test may access any area of the pool and will be provided with a green wristband. Only those children with a green wristband are allowed to swim in the deep end. A parent/guardian 16 years of age or older must remain on the pool deck. Parent/guardian to child ratio is 1:8.
All of our facilities offer men's, women's, and universal change rooms. Children 5 years and under may use either gender's change room when accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. Children over the age of 5 years should use their own gender's change room.
Alternatively, everyone is welcome to use the universal change rooms. Universal change rooms offer private changing areas.