Good things happen when everyone in our community feels a sense of belonging and connection!
A vibrant, healthy community offers opportunities for everyone. At the Y, that often means stepping forward with a new program or service to address specific and unique needs in the communities we serve.
Heart Wise Exercise Programs
Discover exercise that has your heart in mind!
Physical activity is important to your overall health. Heart Wise Exercise programs are certified fitness classes appropriate for people who want to stay healthy and who may be living with a chronic health condition.
A program or class that displays the Heart Wise Exercise logo does all of the following:
- Encourages regular, daily aerobic exercise
- Encourages and incorporates warm up, cool down and self-monitoring with all exercise sessions
- Allows participants to exercise at a safe level and offers options to modify intensity
Includes participants with chronic health conditions – physician approval may be required
- Offers health screening for all participants
- Has a documented emergency plan that is known to all exercise leaders, including the requirement of current CPR certification, phone access to local paramedic services and presence of a defibrillator.
The Heart Wise Exercise logo helps
you find physical activity programs
that are safe and appropriate.
Morning Break Speaker Series
Morning Break is a speaker series where guest presenters cover a variety of interesting subjects and topical issues, engaging members in lively discussion and encouraging the formation of new friendships.
Started as a drop-in group for new mothers, Morning Break has evolved into a thriving women's group - we look forward to welcoming you!
Location: St. Martin’s Church, 2120 Prince Charles Road.
Day/Time: Tuesdays, 10:30AM to 11:30AM
Fee: $20 fee for each 8 week session or a $2 drop in fee per visit.
To register, please contact Dorothy Young ( program organizer) at 613 722-0587.