Your Job Story - Youth Employment Program
Empowering Youth to Achieve Their Life and Career Goals
Your Job Story is a 10 week program to help support and guide marginalized youth to overcome barriers to employment or pursuing life goals, while receiving hands on career exploration opportunities and developing life and leadership skills.
Earn while you learn!
Participants will create their own Job Story in this unique program designed to give youth the tools to succeed in life and on the job, while earning minimum wage to participate in training.
- Support with overcoming barriers to employment.
- 4 weeks of paid in class(virtual) training at minimum wage.
- Modules under the topics of: Life Skills, Employment Readiness and Career Exploration.
- Job shopping opportunities available prior to placement.
- 1:1 appointments with a youth advisor and/or job developer.
- 6 weeks paid work placement post training.
Participants Must Be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive).
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Committed to attend classes and a work placement on a full-time basis for 10 weeks total. Classes will be 30 hours per week for 4 weeks, and a minimum of 30 hours per week for the 6 week work placement.
Participants in receipt of EI are eligible to participate in the program however; they must first consult with their Service Canada Office before participating.
For more information please contact: email@example.com or 613-301-1416 / 613-301-3093