Pre-Apprenticeship Horticulture Training Program
Horticulture Training Program
The Horticulture Training Program offers hands-on technical and pre-employment training to individuals interested in working in the Horticulture trade. Training focuses on the identification and cultivation of plants, landscaping, and irrigation systems. There is no cost to participate.
- 10 weeks of technical training.
- 8 to 12 weeks of paid work placement.
- Technical, academic, and pre-employment preparation.
- Textbooks, toolkits, and safety equipment.
- First Aid & CPR-C, WHMIS, worker health and safety training.
- Access to Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR).
- The opportunity to earn high school credits towards your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
Participants Must Be:
- 19+ years of age.
- Proficient in English (Canadian Language Benchmark Level 5, or higher).
- A resident of Ontario.
- Legally entitled to study and work in Canada
- Committed to attend classes and work on a full-time basis for 26 weeks.