Pre-Apprenticeship Home Renovation Training Program
Home Renovation Training Program
The Pre-Apprenticeship Home Renovation Training Program provides individuals with the hands-on skills training required to find employment in the residential renovation trades (including carpentry, drywall finishing and plastering, tile setting, and painting). There is no cost to participate.
- 24 weeks of technical training.
- 8 to 12 weeks of paid work placement.
- Technical, academic, and pre-employment preparation.
- Textbooks, toolkits, and safety equipment.
- Training including: First Aid & CPR-C, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps.
- Access to Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) portfolio review (where applicable).
- The opportunity to earn high school credits towards your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
Participants Must Be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Proficient in English (Canadian Language Benchmark Level 5, or higher).
- A resident of Ontario.
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, convention refugee with open work permit.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to computer or laptop.
- Legally entitled to study and work in Canada.
- Committed to attend classes on a full-time basis for 24 weeks.
Program currently in session, please check back for our next program start date.
1. Contact us at email@example.com or 343-996-1700 to register or be added to the waiting list.
2. Those on the waiting list will receive our information session and application forms.
3. Attend one of our virtual Q/A sessions before the program deadline.
4. Submit application for review, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.