Green Building Program
Hands-on skills training to help you find work in the Green Building Industry.
In partnership with Canada Green Building Council, the Green Building Program provides the skills training required to work successfully in the Green Building Construction industry. Training focuses on pre-employment preparation, hands-on training for technical skills, and Green Building theory from industry experts. The program is designed to connect participants with applicable job opportunities in an active industry, and also provides financial supports to make the transition to the workplace as rapid and smooth as possible. There is no cost to participate.
- 6 week technical skill training in health & safety, demolition, framing, drywall, taping, mudding/sanding, painting and tiling – this includes relevant certification-based training (First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Worker Health & Safety in 4 Steps)
- 2 week custom Green Building foundational training including Green Building for Trades Professionals and Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for Trades Professionals c/o Canada Green Building Council.
- 6 week paid job placement in Green Building industry with continuous support from program staff.
- Access to financial supports to enhance employability and wage stipend to bridge to paid employment.
- Participation in 2 week Green Building foundational training for individuals already employed in the industry needing skill enhancement.
- 18 hours of customized training for starting a business in the Green Building industry.
Participants must be:
- 18+ years of age
- Unemployed (for full program stream)
- Underemployed or precariously employed (for 2 week Green Building foundational training only)
- Proficient level of English (benchmark 6 or higher)
- Resident of Ontario
- Legally entitled to study and work in Canada
- Able and willing to commit to 8 weeks of full-time training and 6+ weeks full-time job placement
Program Start Date: July 12, 2021
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021
Applicants must register and attend one virtual information session before submitting a program application. Please contact us directly to register for one of the following sessions:
- June 22, 2021: 10AM-12PM
- June 24, 2021: 2-4PM
- June 28, 2021: 2-4PM
- June 30, 2021: 10AM-12PM
Next program sessions begin September 2021, and December 2021.
For more information or to register for the wait list, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-219-9725
In partnership with:
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.