Services for Employers
Looking to Hire Qualified Staff? We Can Help.
Our employment services can help you attract and recruit employees with the skills you need to achieve your business goals, and connect you with community resources to help you save time and money. Y staff are here to help your organization grow; there is no cost to employers for our services.
Our services for local employers include:
- Recruitment of qualified employees who are pre-screened, motivated, and ready to work.
- Recruitment of apprentices and employees specifically trained in technical skills including Home Renovation & Carpentry, Horticulture, Green Building & Sustainable Energy, Tourism & Hospitality.
- Posting and distribution of job openings.
- Participation in large career fairs and customized hiring sessions.
- Access to potential hourly wage subsidies and Apprenticeship Signing Bonuses for new employees and/or apprentices.
- Access to potential training subsidies through the Canada Ontario Job Grant, offsetting training costs for employers who provide workplace training.
- Access to skills upgrading for existing employees in the Green Building industry.
- Matching position and workplace requirements to participants’ skills, capabilities, interests and experience.
- Support for short-term or seasonal job opportunities.
- Support with employee retention.
- Connection to diversity, inclusion and cultural competency training.
For questions or to get started with Employer Services email email@example.com or contact one of our Employment Access Centre locations.
Learn more about the Y’s Employment Access Centres