Newcomer Information Centre
Connecting you with services to help you and your family adjust to life in Canada.
The Y's Newcomer Information Centre (NIC) provides access to vital information and referral services to help you find everything you need to settle and thrive in your new life in Ottawa. There is no cost to participate.
Our team of trained information specialists are here to listen and provide you with information and opportunities. Our services are available in English and French, and our NIC staff members also speak many other languages. Whenever possible, you may be served in your first language.
Our Services Include:
- Immigration and Citizenship Information.
- Information and referrals to resources/services to help you settle.
- Access to settlement workers.
- Immigration application assistance.
- A Resource Centre with computers/Internet.
- Information on education, employment and training opportunities.
- Referrals to language assessment and classes.
We offer regular orientations to show you how to use NIC services, please see our workshop calendar below
Free Webinar Workshops
Through online assistance and referrals NIC offers a variety of immigration and settlement matters through one-to-one services and webinars.
View and register for workshops through our monthly webinar calendar.
Get Started Today!
Online Newcomer Information Centre
For more information about the services and supports available at the Newcomer Information Centre, and to register online, please visit our portal: