Outdoor Adventure Day Camps
For students not returning to classes full time this fall, why not liven up each week with a two-day experience at Camp Otonabee!?
Our Outdoor Adventurers will be able to pair their online schooling at home with all the fun and experiences gained at a traditional outdoor camp. In addition to participating in activities like fire building, high ropes, climbing wall, swimming, canoeing, and nature exploration, each day will include quiet time for studies and there will be a certified Ontario Teacher onsite available to help with some of their school work.
Much like our summer camp experience, your children will have time to grow, learn and thrive in an outdoor environment while making friends with new children of the same age group. Ratios will be kept small at a 1:10.
Participation in our programs require your child(ren) to be currently registered with a school program, be it in-person or online. Each parent will need to ask for an exemption from their board/school program and provide a plan for submitting their child’s assigned work. They will also be required to inform their board/school program that their child(ren) will be participating in a recreational learning program. With a certified teacher onsite, we will work through assignments with children to make it easy for families to submit their children’s work for evaluation.
Outdoor Adventure Fast Facts
- Outdoor Adventure is for children aged 6Y-12Y.
- Program is two days per week (either Mon/Tues or Wed/Thurs), from 8AM-4:15PM.
- Programs runs from Sept. - Dec., 2020, registration is done weekly.
- Ontario Certified Teachers on site for support.
- All campers will be expected to be prepared for a full day of activities, for all weather, and with their own snacks and lunches packed.
- Cost per week (two days): Y Member $90, Non-Y Member $100