|Facility Closure Notice | COVID-19 Update
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is proud to offer a broad range of programs and services to the members of our community, including Child Care, Employment Services, Camps, Health and Fitness programs, Immigrant Settlement services, and Housing services.
We are carefully following the advice of public health agencies and continue to pay close attention to their evolving updates, advice and directions. Our top priority is the health and safety of our residents, members/clients, volunteers and staff. As a socially responsible community organization, we know how important it is to support public efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19.
As such, we have made some difficult decisions regarding Y programs/services.
The following programs/services are temporarily cancelled starting Monday, March 16, until April 5, 2020:
Y Licensed Child Care and Y Kids Club (after school programs)
March Break Camps
Health & Fitness Facilities/Programs
This means that the following Y Health & Fitness centres will be closed:
When we re-open we will review your account and adjust your next payment to reflect a credit for the period of closure. We will also be providing ongoing updates on our re-opening date.
Outdoor Education Centre
Language Assessment and Resource Centre (LARC)
All Employment Services
Newcomer Information Centre
What we're doing:
• Monitoring the situation closely with Ottawa Public Health and other governmental agencies
• Cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces regularly
• Posting information in high traffic areas
How you can help:
• Stay home if you or your family members are not feeling well
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if not available)
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and dispose of tissues immediately
• Visit Health Canada or Ottawa Public Health for evolving information
These are extraordinary circumstances and we thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate how difficult this evolving situation is for our members, participants, staff and volunteers and thank you for your understanding and patience. We will continue to provide updates on our website and via e-mail.
R.J.(Bob) Gallagher, President and CEO