Health isn’t limited to physical fitness. While good health incorporates the physical, it’s also about the emotional, mental, cultural, economic and social aspects of living. It’s about the connections made over time between people, families and communities.
That’s what we mean when we say that the YMCA-YWCA is dedicated to the development of people in spirit, mind and body. With you, we build healthier kids, families and communities in thousands of ways, on many levels, every day. Every year, the National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA serves over 70,000 people.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region offers a huge range of health, fitness and recreation programs. Whether you’re interested in personal training or group fitness classes, membership at the Y lets you:
- Participate in the physical activity of your choice – from cardio and free weights to swimming and group fitness – all available under one roof (varies depending on location)
- Access to well-trained and professional instructors who can help you meet your health goals
- Enjoy recreational sports, such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, floor hockey and martial arts (varies depending on location)
- Experience a friendly and welcoming environment where you can connect with other people in your community
- Gain access to all Y facilities in the National Capital Region with one affordable monthly fee
- Financial assistance available to those who cannot afford to pay the full fee