March 11, 2020: Update on coronavirus (COVID-19)
At the Y, the health and safety of members, residents, clients/participants, visitors, staff/volunteers, and our broader community, is our top priority. As communities across Canada work to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we too are doing our part.
What we're doing:
- Monitoring the situation closely with Ottawa Public Health and other governmental agencies
- Cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces regularly
- Posting information in high traffic areas
How you can help:
- Stay home if you or your family members are not feeling well
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if not available)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and dispose of tissues immediately
- Place dirty towels in the towel bins
- Wipe down machines and equipment with disinfectant before and after each use
- Visit Health Canada or Ottawa Public Health for evolving information
Health Canada has stated that the risk to Canadians remains low, as hospitals have a strong system to prevent and control infections. This outbreak is being closely monitored by all relevant agencies in our province and federally. Should this issue escalate in our community, our Y is ready to respond in alignment with information and guidance from Ottawa Public Health and supporting agencies.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe and healthy!