Dear Camp Families,
Thank you for your patience and support while we carefully navigate the safest path forward for Y Camps this summer.
The summer day camp guidelines for the 2020 season have just been released by the Ontario Ministry of Health, and we are now aware of how drastically different our programs will have to be to adhere to new protocols. Because of this, we have made the decision to cancel all of our currently scheduled camps and then open registration for a selection of new summer camps that reflect safety guidelines outlined by local health authorities and the province. Please see more details of what you can expect below.
Camp Otonabee and Neighbourhood Day Camps
• All camps have been cancelled. Assuming we get permission from local health authorities and the Province to operate, we will now be offering weeks of camp running from July 6 – August 28, 2020 with reduced spaces available. All camps will be for children between the ages of 6-12 only.
• All bussing has been canceled for the summer. Parents/guardians will need to arrange transportation for their child(ren) to be dropped off and picked up from camp locations.
• Extended camp care has been canceled for the summer. In an effort to maintain physical distancing, camp drop-off and pick-up times will be staggered. Campers can expect to be allocated a drop-off time between 7:30AM-8:30AM, and a pick-up time between 3:30PM-4:30PM. We will provide more information about drop-off and pick-up procedures before camp programs begin.
• Our Inclusion Program will be reduced. We will still have select spots available for inclusion campers and will reach out directly to those currently registered to discuss options.
• Our camp Open House on June 7 has been canceled due to provincial restrictions on public gatherings. Please stay tuned to our social media feeds to find out more about a “virtual tour” coming soon!
• Camp programs will be quite different this summer. This means program areas where proper sanitization and new safety protocols cannot be managed, will no longer be used. Certain activities/camps will not be possible as a result.
Children who are registered for camps will be automatically withdrawn, and credit notes will be applied to their account to use on any other Y camp or program. Please note if you would prefer a refund, it may take up to 6 weeks to process. If you wish to donate all or part of your camp fees, you can do so by donating online. A tax receipt for your contribution will be issued immediately.
Registration for the new summer camp options will open online Monday, June 15 at 9:30AM. Please set up your online account, or verify you have your correct login information in advance, by visiting the online registration login page in advance.
We feel very lucky to have such a wonderful camp community, and are truly thankful for your continued support and understanding during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause for you and your family. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond as quickly as possible and continue to communicate updates and new information with you as they occur.
Wishing you, your families and our entire Y community good health and wellness!
Yours in camping,
Mike Tait, Vice President of Camping and Health