|Date Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2019|
|Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 20, 2019|
POSITION: Employment Consultant, Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Housing, Employment and Newcomer Services
LOCATION: Employment Access Centre – Argyle Location
PLACEMENT: Preferred start date, February 25, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 20, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Employment Consultant will work as part of the team that provides Employment Consulting services to unemployed individuals in the National Capital Region. Reporting to the Director, the Employment Consultant is responsible for the planning and delivery of Employment Consulting services and the facilitation of the application process for the Government funded training programs. As part of a team, the Employment Consultant will assist in meeting the strategic achievement of all desired outcomes and targets. The successful candidate will demonstrate personal commitment to and understanding of the Y’s mission, vision, values and participant outcomes.
- Intake, assessment, development activities and case management
- Provide counseling to clients and maintain and develop Employment Service Plans
- Facilitation of workshops, researching and creating resources
- Manage data entry and appropriate file documentation
- Meet and exceed contractually obligated targets
- Preparing all statistical and required reports and appropriate file documentation
- Marketing employment services and programs to clients and community partners, provide current labour market info and client support
- Ensuring effective, efficient use of resources
- Implement procedures for operation of programs within the guidelines and contractual obligations
- Ensure quality of the Y experience for program participants
- ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify and issue, gather and process relevant information, determine possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement and evaluate them.
- COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- TEAMWORK: Participates actively in a team for program quality and effectiveness.
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- French is an asset
- Access to transportation
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related educational field
- Related experience might include: Recruitment Training, Human Resources Certification, Common Assessment training, Life Skills Certification, Teaching and Training Adults Certification, Drug and Alcohol Counselling Diploma, Social Services Worker Diploma or Developmental Services Worker Diploma
- Experience in Employment Counselling
- Experience with case management and data entry
- Intermediate computer skills
- High level of interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Superior problem solving and creative skills
- Ability to work with adult and youth clients with diverse backgrounds and skill levels
- Ability to work with community partners and build and maintain relationships
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check, not older than 6 months, as per Association policy
CLOSING DATE: February 20, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to hiring manager Carla Benedetti: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.