|Date Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019|
|Application Deadline: Thursday, February 28, 2019|
POSITION: Program Leader
DEPARTMENT: Before and After School Program
PLACEMENT: Part-Time, preferred start date, January 31, 2019
Required Hours: Mondays 2:30PM-6:00PM
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service associations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region After School programs provide care for over 400 children and their families between 4 – 12 years of age in 15 schools and local Y’s across the Region. The Children’s Program Leader will function as a team member responsible for providing safe, quality care and service to the child participants and their families in accordance with Y policies and procedures.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Create an atmosphere of safety, belonging and positive development for each child
- Provide positive role-modeling for child participants and volunteers to the program
- Plan and lead age appropriate programs using a team approach that meet or exceed the YMCA-YWCA program expectations
- Set-up, deliver, and clean up programs daily
- Develop and maintain open communication with parents and school staff
- Attend YMCA-YWCA training sessions as required
- Understand and follow YMCA-YWCA policies, procedures and guidelines
- Commitment to Y Values – honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
- Experience working with children in a leadership role
- Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual committed to assisting the After School Program reach its goals
- First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Must provide a Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not older than 6 months, as per Association policy
- Commitment to YMCA-YWCA Vision and Values – Demonstrated and promotes a personal understand of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA-YWCA.
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness
- Service Orientation – Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA-YWCA experience.
- Creativity and Innovation: Plans and implements quality programming in a developmentally appropriate environment.
- Self-Management – Work independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to their supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to Zoe Rikhtegar, hiring manager: zoe.rikhtegar @ymcaywca.ca
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2019
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process.
We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.