|Date Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2019|
|Application Deadline: Sunday, January 27, 2019|
POSITION: Part Time Membership Sales and Service Associate
DEPARTMENT: Health, Fitness and Aquatics
LOCATION: Carlingwood Y
PLACEMENT: Preferred start date: ASAP
CLOSING DATE: January 27, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Membership Sales and Service Associate is the first point of contact in our membership center so courteous service and competent, efficient handling of all membership related transactions is critical. The person must be energetic, outgoing and have a strong customer service focus. The successful candidate will demonstrate a personal commitment to and understanding of the Y’s mission, vision, values.
- To demonstrate Y values in all interactions by delivering service responsibly, honestly, respectfully and with care
- To ask and respond to members/participants about their Y experience in a supportive manner
- To build positive relationships with members
- To sell Y memberships and promote Y programs and services
- To participate in the various components of the Y member retention system
- To be able to handle peak times and multi task accordingly
- To accurately and correctly complete membership, program registrations and financial transactions
- To champion a clean culture in the operational area and monitor membership areas for cleanliness
- Follow up with leads generated through promotions, referrals, guest passes, web trials, welcome calls, etc.
- Attend to customer questions, complaints and concerns immediately, and facilitate satisfactory resolution
- Regularly update membership account information
- Work with Membership Sales and Service coordinator to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Follow-up on soon to expire/expired members in person and by telephone and email
- Other tasks as assigned by the coordinator
- Committed to service excellence and Y values – honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
- Minimum 1 year related experience in the customer service industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and focus
- Experience working effectively with a diverse clientele
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of database/client management systems is desirable
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to hiring manager Meaghan Hanrahan: email@example.com
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: January 27, 2019
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.