|Date Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018|
|Application Deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2019|
POSITION: Part Time Personal Trainer (Hourly wage compensation per session)
DEPARTMENT: Health, Fitness and Aquatics
LOCATION: Taggart Y
PLACEMENT: Preferred start date: February 1, 2019
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The role is responsible for consistently providing quality service to program members and participants. The incumbent will be responsible for building up his/her client base, and will provide direct delivery of Personal Fitness Training services, Individual Conditioning Exercise Plans, Group Fitness and Specialty Classes.
- ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Ability to work independently and as part of the team to meet program goals and provide high quality service delivery.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify and issue, gather and process relevant information, determine possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement and evaluate them.
- COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate accurately and effectively both orally and written to clients, coworkers and collaterals. Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- TEAMWORK: Participates actively in a team for program quality and effectiveness.
- Recognized Personal training certification
- Standard First Aid & CPR”C”
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of personal training
- Sales driven, comfortable with prospecting new clients
- Specialty Certifications are significant asset
- Bilingual capacity an asset
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector is required, as per Association policy
- Initiate contact with potential clients and match needs with Y programs and personal training services
- Design exercise programs for clients and guide them toward successfully achieving goals
- Conduct fitness appraisals and follow up metrics
- Complete administration duties related to personal training
- Conduct interviews and individual or group orientation sessions for new members
- Establish positive relationships with members and potential members
- Strictly enforce facility etiquette while maintain a friendly and welcoming attitude
- Provide support and assistance to Membership Sales and Service staff
- Report substandard equipment or facility asset to the ISC Coordinator
- Ensure that urgent problems and comments are communicated effectively to the Coordinator
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to hiring manager Debra Pilling: email@example.com
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2019
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.