|Date Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017|
|Application Deadline: Thursday, November 30, 2017|
POSITION: Camp Kitchen Assistant
COMPENSATION: $11.40-$12.15/hour depending on experience
LOCATION: YMCA-YWCA Camp Otonabee & Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Education and Leadership Centre - 1620 Sixth Line Road, Dunrobin, Ontario
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
PLACEMENT: Contract September 5th 2017 – November 30th, 2017 - with possibility of extension
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region’s Camp Otonabee provides an opportunity for children and youth to engage in outdoor activities, discover nature and enjoy the natural environment, build self-confidence and establish lasting friendships. Campers aged 4 to 16 can experience canoeing, rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, horseback-riding and more.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
• Give first priority to the camper’s needs
• Provide high quality meals at Camp Otonabee and Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Centre
• Work closely with the Camp Kitchen Cook to ensure accordance with Canada’s food guide
• Perform housekeeping responsibilities – sanitation of kitchen equipment, organization of fridge etc.
• Carry out food menus in accordance to safe food handling regulations
• Report directly to the Camp Kitchen Cook
COMMUNICATION: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
INTEGRITY: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
TEAMWORK: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness. Create an atmosphere of trust amongst all team members.
CONCERN FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR “C” certification and Clear Criminal Reference Check for Vulnerable Sector
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Be self-motivating, enthusiastic and a responsible individual with strong leadership skills committed to the healthy development of children
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Safe food handling certification
• Bilingualism an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, firstname.lastname@example.org – Coordinator of Outdoor. Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.