|Date Posted: Monday, November 06, 2017|
|Application Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017|
POSITION: Children’s Program Leader
DEPARTMENT: YMCA-YWCA Kids Club - Before and After School Programs
LOCATION: Various Locations across the National Capital Region - specifically looking for those available to work in Orleans OR Kanata
PLACEMENT: Part Time Contract from November 2017– June 2018
Days: Monday – Friday (approximately 7-15 hours per week depending on the site)
Time: 3:00 – 6:00 pm (approximately, depending on school hours)
Rate of Pay: Minimum Wage
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA After School programs provide care for children 6 – 12 years of age in several schools and off-site locations across the region (including the Taggart Family Y and Ruddy Family Y). The children’s program leader will function as a team member responsible for providing safe, quality care and service to the child participants and their families in accordance with Y policies and procedures.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
• Create an atmosphere of safety, belonging and positive development for each child
• Provide positive role-modeling for child participants and volunteers to the program
• Plan and lead age appropriate programs using a team approach that meet or exceed the YMCA-YWCA program expectations
• Set-up, deliver programs including homework support, group games, supervision of weekly swim, and cleanup programs daily
• Develop and maintain open communication with parents and school staff
• Attend YMCA-YWCA training sessions as required
• Understand and follow YMCA-YWCA policies, procedures and guidelines
• Commitment to Y Values – honesty, caring, respect and responsibility
• Experience working with children in a leadership role
• Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual committed to assisting the After School Program reach its goals
• First Aid and CPR certification is required
• Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check is required
Commitment to YMCA-YWCA Vision and Values – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understand of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA-YWCA.
Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Teamwork – Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness
Service Orientation – Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA-YWCA experience.
Initiative – Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Self Management – Work independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to their supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, Human Resource Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: 12/15/2017
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.