The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region provides high quality, trusted child care to the families in our community. With 3 locations across the city, our Licensed Child Care Centres deliver programs designed to meet the needs of toddlers through to school-aged children.
Our unique child-focused approach to child care means that activities are tailored to the developmental needs of children where they can choose a variety of activities based on the children’s interests to encourage discovery and imagination.
From swimming lessons and weekly gym activities, to arts and crafts and educational support and development, our values-based programs promote positive social connections, encourage self-esteem and help children achieve developmental milestones.
The YMCA-YWCA Advantage
We understand and recognize that parents require assurance that their children are receiving exceptional care. Our success is built around exceeding parent expectations. We offer:
- A history of over 90 years in providing high quality, stimulating, reputable child care.
- YMCA Playing to Learn industry leading curriculum which meets Ministry of Education guidelines.
- A partnership approach whereby each child’s development plan is personalized for each individual family.
- Unparalleled commitment to the safety and security of children in our care.
- Extensive facilities including access to gymnasiums, swimming pools, Kid Zones and exterior play yards (varies at each location).
- Qualified, caring and dedicated employees ensuring consistent delivery of the Y core values.
- A leading charitable, non profit environment where a key principle is giving back to our community.
At the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, we support families who need financial assistance to help with their child care fees. If you would like to apply for financial assistance, please let us know when you call to inquire about our programs or at the time of registration.
Make an appointment for a visit and you will see that every aspect of our centre supports our mission and core values. Our families will confirm that our centre is constantly evolving as we identify new and better ways of helping our children flourish during these critical years.
Do you have questions about Y Child Care services? Click here to fill out an online request for information form!