Helping You Prepare for the Skilled Trades in Ontario
Build ON is an online service for individuals coming to Ontario who want to work in the Skilled Trades. Our goal is to make sure that you are prepared and informed about how to work in the Skilled Trades in Ontario. There is no cost to participate.*
The Skilled Trades are important, well-paying careers offered by employers across the province, and include:
| • Carpenter
• Brick and stone mason
| • Machinist
• Industrial mechanic millwright
| • Automotive service technician
• Auto body repairer
• Truck and coach technician
| • Hairstylist
• Child development practitioner
The program includes:
An Interactive Website
- Free information for all users to help them better understand and transition to the Canadian workplace.
- Access to exclusive content made available to registered participants. Registering is quick, easy, and free!
- Engaging, personalized, and useful tools to help you with topics such as Job Search, Health and Safety, Resumes, and Canadian Workplace Culture.
- Virtual one-on-one consultations with our employment experts who will provide information tailored to your needs.
- Referral to an employment or settlement organization near where you plan to
settle in Ontario.
- A customized experience to ensure you are better prepared for working in your
Build ON can help shape your future for working in Ontario’s Skilled Trades. Get started and register today! Visit the Build ON website: www.buildonbatit.com
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-613-788-5001 ext. 5039
*The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is not responsible for additional fees charged by your internet/mobile service provider. Online consultations are offered using web conferencing tools and may use more data depending on your location. It is highly recommended that you access our services using a dedicated network.
|Locations offering this program|
|Employment, Enterprise and Newcomer Services|