Helping you prepare to work in the skilled trades, engineering and construction sectors in Ontario before you arrive!
Build ON is an online pre-arrival service funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We provide specialized information and orientation about the skilled trades, engineering and construction sectors to new immigrants approved to immigrate to Ontario, Canada. There is no cost to participate* and you can complete the service at your own pace.
The program offers the following services:
- Free One-on-one Consultations: We offer one-on-one online consultation sessions where clients will be connected with Employment Consultants and receive personalized consultations on an as needed basis.
- Online Training Materials: We provide access to online workshops and documents that clients can watch and download when convenient. They cover a broad range of topics including job searching strategies, employment standards, Canadian workplace culture and much more.
- Live and On-Demand Webinars: We provide webinars to our clients on a broad range of topics that are related to employment and settlement in Canada. You can find details on upcoming webinars on the events page of the website.
- Connection to Mentors: If eligible, we offer connections to professional mentors working in the same field or a related field within Ontario in order to support your integration into the Canadian workplace.
- Information on Skilled Trades, Engineering and Construction: We provide information on the skilled trades, engineering, and construction sectors and the pathways for certification and licensure in Ontario.
- Access to an Interactive Website: You get access to free information for all users to help them better understand and transition to the Canadian workplace as well as access to exclusive content. Registering is quick, easy, and free!
Build ON can help shape your future for working in Ontario’s Skilled Trades, engineering and construction sectors. Get started and register today!
Visit the Build ON website: www.buildonbatit.com
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-613-608-6493
*The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is not responsible for additional fees charged by your internet/mobile service provider. Online consultations are offered using web conferencing tools and may use more data depending on your location. It is highly recommended that you access our services using a dedicated network.
|Locations offering this program|
|Employment and Newcomer Services|