The Ontario Self-Employment Benefit Program (OSEB) is one of the most unique projects of its kind anywhere. It provides aspiring entrepreneurs with income and entrepreneurial support for up to 42 weeks while they develop and start their business.
We believe in the power of entrepreneurship. The primary goal of OSEB is to provide par
- Gain an understanding of business concepts through core seminars and hands-on workshops.
Achieve business, financial, and digital literacy.
- Develop cri
tical thinking skills and strategies required to conduct research, to determine and seize opportunities, and to communicate effectively.
- Apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes acquired through the program to tangible business applications and a rigorous planning and execution process.
- Develop lifelong learning skills that will help new business owners to adapt to changes in technology, the economy, and important social trends.
- Make connections that will help them take advantage of business opportunities, develop lasting community relationships, and create positive social change.
How OSEB Works
- Concept Development
- Business Fundamentals
- Market Analysis and Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Sales, Revenue and Profitability
- Internet and Technology
- Cashflow and Taxation
- Planning and Presenting
Integral to the program are ongoing opportunities to network and showcase emerging businesses. Community leaders, established entrepreneurs and experts attend these events to share their insight and inspire par
Who Can Apply?
Job seekers who are unemployed can apply to par
- They established a claim for Employment Insurance benefits or their Employment Insurance benefit period ended within the past three years.
- They established a claim for Employment Insurance maternity or paternity benefits and were paid benefits within the past five years, and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children.
If you have expertise, skill, talent or an enterprising mind with a passion to create a new business, this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Y Enterprise Centre
The National Capital Region YMCA-YWCA was established over 140 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life. In the spirit of this tradition, the Y Enterprise Centre delivers self-employment and business development programs dedicated to the personal and professional growth of individuals pursuing bold new career paths.
Visit OSEB.CA to find an Employment Ontario Access Centre or call the toll-free Employment Ontario hotline at 1-800-387-5656, TTY (telephone service for the deaf)1-866-768-1157 for more information about how to access OSEB services in your area. Newcomers to
|Locations offering this program|
|Employment, Enterprise and Newcomer Services|
|Taggart Family Y|