The Y Transitional Family Housing Program provides a safe, temporary home to homeless families looking for a place to thrive.
The Y Family Shelter is centrally located in downtown Ottawa, along major bus routes and a walking distance from a grocery store, food bank and a community health centre.
Families are provided with:
• A private, secure room furnished with beds, a television and a small fridge.
• A telephone line with voicemail and free WIFI
• Shared full kitchen with space for family meals
• 24 hour / 7 days a week support
Additional on-site services provided at no cost to shelter residents:
• Health and fitness facilities and programs
• Indoor swimming pool and sauna
• Indoor play structure for all ages
• Child minding
• Summer and March Break camps (based on availability)
Job and Language Support
• Help with job search and access to computers
• Provide access to information and services for immigrants
• Support in many languages through staff and cultural interpreters
Child and Family Health Resources
• On site visits from a Registered Nurse, Early Years Nurse, and Family Outreach Worker
• Referrals to community resources
• Access to 24 hour / 7 days a week crisis counselling
Persons requiring emergency housing must first be assessed by City of Ottawa Housing branch to determine eligibility and authorize placement at the Y.
For eligibility and placement please contact a City of Ottawa crisis worker at 613.560.6000 during office hours or call 311 after hours or on weekends.
For more information, please contact:
Y Housing Services
Taggart Family Y
180 Argyle Avenue, Main Floor
|Locations offering this program|
|Taggart Family Y|