Discover exercise that has your heart in mind!
Physical activity is important to your overall health. Heart Wise Exercise programs are certified fitness classes appropriate for people who want to stay healthy and who may be living with a
chronic health condition.
The Heart Wise Exercise logo helps you find physical activity programs that are safe and appropriate.
The Y offers Heart Wise drop-in classes (PDF).
A program or class that displays the Heart Wise Exercise logo does all of the following:
- Encourages regular, daily aerobic exercise
- Encourages and incorporates warm up, cool down and self-monitoring with all exercise sessions
- Allows participants to exercise at a safe level and offers options to modify intensity
- Includes participants with chronic health conditions – physician approval may be required
- Offers health screening for all participants
- Has a documented emergency plan that is known to all exercise leaders, including the requirement of current CPR certification, phone access to local paramedic services and presence of a defibrillator.
*Source: Heart Wise Exercise.
|Locations offering this program|
|Ruddy Family Y|
|Taggart Family Y|